NRI, in collaboration with the Institut de Recherches Médicinal et d'Etudes des Plantes Médicinales (IMPM/MINREST) in Cameroon and the International Foundation for Science (IFS), is organizing the FoodAfrica initiative, which is sponsored by the European Union and the IFS.
The focus of the initiative is on improving food systems in sub-Saharan Africa in response to a changing environment. FoodAfrica will:
- review the current research and development activities that affect food systems in sub-Saharan Africa;
- identify gaps in current food and health research strategies;
- recommend future research strategies;
- improve the links between researchers, in particular young scientists, in Africa and Europe.
- The FoodAfrica initiative consists of two main activities:
- an Internet-based Forum from 31 March to 11 April 2003, with free participation;
- an International Working Meeting in Cameroon, 5-9 May 2003.