Our current work includes:
- Laboratory-based studies of the oviposition and host-seeking behaviour of Anopheles gambiae.
- The swarming and mating behaviour of Anopheles mosquitoes.
- Development of natural and artificial baits (insecticide-treated cattle and targets) to lure and kill species of tsetse which spread sleeping sickness.
- Development of Decision Support Systems to guide the effective application of baits to control tsetse.
- Behavioural responses of the cowpea weevil (C. maculatus) to different odours from host and plant-based repellents.
- Development of novel use of repellent plants to protect stored grain from flour beetles (Tribolium spp) and other insects.