- Abdulsalam-Saghir, P., Sanni, L., Siwoku, B., Adebayo, K., Martin, A. and Westby, A. (2016) Cassava: Adding Value for Africa - Strategic market initiatives that support wealth creation for women along the cassava value chains in Southwest Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural Science and Environment 12(2): 70-82.
- Abraham, E., Martin, A., Cofie, O. and Raschid-Sally, L. (2016) Perceptions, attitudes and behaviours toward urban surface water quality in Accra, Ghana. Management of Environmental Quality 27(5): 491-506.
- Abraham, E. and Martin, A. (2016) Understanding households’ livelihood choices, wealth, and poverty in Accra, Ghana. Development in Practice 26(3): 387-402.
- Antwi-Agyei, P., Quinn, C., Adiku, S., Codjoe, S., Dougill, A., Lamboll, R. and Dovie, D. (2016) Perceived stressors of climate vulnerability across scales in the Savannah zone of Ghana: A participatory approach. Regional Environmental Change Early Online 16.06.16.
- Forsythe, L., Posthumus, H. and Martin, A. (2016) A crop of one's own? Women’s experiences of cassava commercialization in Nigeria and Malawi. Journal of Gender, Agriculture and Food Security 1(2): 110-128.
- Ifeanyi-Obi, C., Togun, A. and Lamboll, R. (2016) Influence of climate change on cocoyam production in Aba Agricultural Zone of Abia State, Nigeria. In W. L. Filho (ed.) Innovation in Climate Change Adaptation. Springer, Cham, CH.
- Joshua, M.K., Ngongondo, C., Chipungu, F., Monjerezi, M., Liwenga, E., Majule, A., Stathers, T. and Lamboll, R. (2016) Climate change in semi-arid Malawi: Perceptions, adaptation strategies and water governance. Jàmbá: Journal of Disaster Risk Studies 8(3).
- Lamboll, R., Stathers, T. and Morton, J. (forthcoming) Climate Change and Agricultural Systems. In S. Snapp and B. Pound (eds.) Agricultural Systems: Agroecology and Rural Innovation for Development, 2nd Edition. Elsevier.
- López-i-Gelats, F., Fraser, E., Morton, J. and Rivera-Ferre, M. (2016) What drives pastoralists' vulnerability to global environmental change? Pathways of vulnerability. Global Environmental Change 39: 258-274.
- Marr, A., Winkel, A., van Asseldonk, M., Lensink, R. and Bulte, E. (2016) Adoption and impact of index-insurance and credit for smallholder farmers in developing countries: A systematic review. Agricultural Finance Review 76(1).
- Morton, J. (forthcoming) Climate change and African agriculture: unlocking the potential of research and advisory services. In F. Nunan (ed.) Making Climate-Compatible Development Happen. Routledge.
- Phillips, D. (2016) Interpreting and presenting marginalized voices through intersubjective accounts. Qualitative Research Journal 16(1): 26-38.
- Quan, J., Naess, L.O., Newsham, A., Sitoe, A. and Fernandez, M.C. (forthcoming) Carbon forestry and climate compatible development in Mozambique: a political economy analysis. In F. Nunan (ed.) Making Climate-Compatible Development Happen. Routledge.
- Rivera-Ferre, M., López-i-Gelats, F., Howden, M., Smith, P., Morton, J., Herrero, M. (2016) Re-framing the climate change debate in the livestock sector: mitigation and adaptation options. WIRes Climate Change Early Online 25.07.16.
- Sumberg, J., Jatoe, J., Kleih, U. and Flynn, J. (2016) Ghana’s evolving protein economy. Food Security First Online 14 September 2016.
- Abdulsalam-Saghir, P., Bennett, B., Quaye, W., Viet Phu Tu, Sanni, L. and Martin, A. (2015) Gender analysis of household's decision-making to reduce post-harvest losses of cassava in Ghana, Nigeria and Vietnam. Food Chain 5(1-2): 53-70.
- Abraham, A. Martin, A., Cofie, O. and Raschid-Sally, L. (2015) Urban households’ access to water for livelihoods enhancement in Accra, Ghana. Waterlines 34(2).
Bennett, B. (2015) Guest editorial: Smallholder cassava production and the cassava processing sector in Africa. Food Chain 5(1-2): 1-3.
- Forsythe, L., Martin, A. and Posthumus, H. (2015) Cassava market development: a path to women's empowerment or business as usual? Food Chain 5(1-2): 11-27.
- Forsythe, L., Nyamanda, M., Mwangwela, A.M. and Bennett, B. (2015) Beliefs, taboos and minor crop value chains: the case of bambara groundnut in Malawi. Food, Culture and Society 18(3): 501-517.
- Joshua, M., Ngongondo, C., Mwathunga, E., Liwenga, E., Stathers, T., Chipungu, F., Lamboll, R., Majule, A. and Ndau, S. (2015) Implications of climate change risks on rural-urban agricultural and food flows in Blantyre City, Malawi. Journal of Public Administration 50(1):125-142
- Lamboll, R., Nelson, V., Posthumus, H., Martin, A., Adebayo, K., Alacho, F., Dziedzoave, N., Mahende, G., Sandifolo, V., Sanni, L., Abayomi, L., Graffham, A., Hillocks, R., Westby, A. (2015) Practical lessons on scaling-up smallholder-inclusive and sustainable cassava value chains in Africa. Food Chain 5(1-2): 28-52.
- Marr, A. (2015) Tensions between financial and organisational sustainability: The problematic case of group-based microfinance and possible ways forward. In T. Sorell and L. Cabrera (eds.) Microfinance, Rights and Global Justice. CUP, Cambridge.
- Morton, J. (2015) Agricultural adaptations: social context and complexity. In J. Palutikof, S. Boulter, J. Barnett, J. and D. Rissik, (eds.) Applied Studies in Climate Adaptation: Australian Experiences. Wiley, Oxford.
- Mayanja, M., Rubaire-Akiiki, C., Morton, J., Young, S. and Greiner, T. (2015) Diet diversity in pastoral and agro-pastoral households in Ugandan rangeland ecosystems. Ecology of Food and Nutrition 54(5): 529-545.
- Mayanja, M., Rubaire-Akiiki, C., Greiner, T., and Morton, J. (2015) Characterising food insecurity in pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in Uganda using a consumption coping strategy index. Pastoralism: Research, Policy and Practice 5(11).
- Naziri, D., Rich, K. and Bennett, B. (2015) Would a commodity-based trade approach improve market access for Africa? A case study of the potential of beef exports from communal areas of Namibia. Development Policy Review 33(2): 195-219.
- Nelson, V. and Martin, A. (2015) Fairtrade International's multi-dimensional impacts in Africa. In L. T. Raynolds and E. A. Bennett (eds.) Handbook of Research on Fair Trade. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham.
- Onumah, G. and Sanni, L. (2015) Crossfire: "Nigeria has implemented a cassava incentive and subsidy scheme that has given the sector a competitive advantage. Other cassava producing countries could learn lessons from this mode". Food Chain 5(1-2): 4-10.
- Naess, L.O., Newell, P., Newsham, A., Phillips, J., Quan, J. and Tanner, T. (2015) Climate policy meets national development contexts: insights from Kenya and Mozambique. Global Environmental Change 35: 534-544.
- Tedesco, I., Pelloni, A. and Trovato, G. (2015) OECD agricultural subsidies and poverty rates in lower income countries. International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics 3(2): 31-49.
- Maroya, N., Asiedu, R., Mignouna, D., Lopez-Montes, A., Kleih, U., Phillips, D. Ndiame, F. Ikeorgu, J. and Otoo, E. (2015) Yam Improvement for Income and Food Security in West Africa: Effectiveness of a multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional team-work. Journal of Root Crops 40(1): 85-92.
- Bennett, B. (2014) Linking producer & processor organisations to enterprises. In D. Cole (ed.) Indigenous Natural Plant Products in Namibia. Venture Publications, Windhoek.
- Dasgupta, P., Morton, J., Dodman, D., Karapinar, B., Meza, F., Rivera-Ferre, M., Toure Sarr, A. and Vincent, K. (2014) Rural Areas. In C. Field, V. Barros et al. (eds.) Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. CUP, Cambridge and New York.
- Rejesus, R., Martin, A., and Gypmantasiri, P. (2014) Enhancing the impact of natural resource management research: Lessons from a meta-impact assessment of the Irrigated Rice Research Consortium. Global Food Security 3(1): 41-48.
- Marr, A., Leon, J. and Ponce, F. (2014) Financial inclusion of the poor in Peru: explanatory factors and determinants. Applied Econometrics and International Development 14(1): 101-130.
- Morton, J., Solecki, W., Dasgupta, P., Dodman, D., Rivera-Ferre, M (2014) Urban-Rural Interactions – Context for Climate Change Vulnerability, Impacts, and Adaptation. Cross-Chapter Box in C. Field, V. Barros et al. (eds.) Climate Change 2014: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Part A: Global and Sectoral Aspects. Contribution of Working Group II to the Fifth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. CUP, Cambridge and New York.
- Naziri, D., Aubert, M., Codron, J-M., Nguyen Thi Tan Loc and Moustier, P. (2014) Estimating the impact of small-scale farmers’ collective action on food safety: The case of vegetables in Vietnam. Journal of Development Studies 50(5): 715-730.
- Naziri, D., Quaye, W., Siwoku, B., Wanlapatit, S., Tu Viet Phu and Bennett, B. (2014) The diversity of postharvest losses in cassava value chains in selected developing countries. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics 115(2): 111-123.
- Nelson, V. (2014) Guest Editorial: Fairtrade impacts. Food Chain 4(1): 3-6.
- Nelson, V. and Martin, A. (2014) Exploring issues of rigour and utility in Fairtrade impact assessment. Food Chain 4(1): 14-33.
- Nelson, V and Tallontire, A. (2014) Battlefields of ideas: Changing narratives and power dynamics in private standards in global agricultural value chains. Agriculture and Human Values 31: 481-497.
- Nelson, V., Tallontire, A., Opondo, M. and Martin, A. (2014) Pathways of transformation or transgression? Power relations, ethical space and labour rights in Kenyan agri-food value chains. In M. Goodman and C. Sage (eds.) Food Transgressions: Making Sense of Contemporary Food Politics. Routledge.
- Phillips, D. (2014) Uneven and unequal people-centred development: the case of Fair Trade and Malawi sugar producers. Agriculture and Human Values 31(4): 563-576.
- Tallontire, A., Opondo, M. and Nelson, V. (2014) Contingent spaces for smallholder participation in GlobalGAP: insights from Kenyan horticulture value chains. The Geographical Journal 180(4): 353-364.
- Ton, G., de Grip, K., Lançon, F. Onumah, G. and Proctor, F. (2014). Empowering Smallholder Farmers in Markets: strengthening the advocacy capacities of national farmer organisations through collaborative research. Food Security 6(2): 261-273.