Dr. Vahid Baeghbali has joined the NRI in 2022. He has over 10 years of combined industrial and academic experience in research and development (R&D), production, quality control, industrial consultation, and research management.
He has worked for one year as a Research Scholar at McGill University (Canada), 3 years as a research associate and lecturer at Shiraz University and Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (Iran), and currently, he is the Food Processing Enterprise Fellow at the NRI.
During his research, he has designed and fabricated patented food processing machines in pilot scale and worked on their modelling and optimisation.
Food Engineering, Food Products Development, 3D Printing, Novel Extraction and Processing Technologies
Dehydration of Viable Probiotic Cells Using Novel Drying Technologies (2021) funded by INSF (Iran National Science Foundation)
Extraction, Emulsification and Encapsulation of Herbal Essential Oils (2020) funded by Shiraz University Postdoctoral Research Award
Modelling and Optimisation of Ultrasound and Infrared Assisted Conductive Hydro Dryer (2019) funded by INSF
- Hedayati, S., Baeghbali, V. and Jafari, S.M., (2023). Cooking equipment for the food industry. In High-Temperature Processing of Food Products (pp. 59-76). Woodhead Publishing. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-***************04-5)
- Baeghbali, V., Hedayati, S. and Jafari, S.M., (2023). Infrared processing equipment for the food industry. In Emerging Thermal Processes in the Food Industry (pp. 47-61). Woodhead Publishing. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-822107-5.00009-X)
- Homayoonfal, M., Malekjani, N., Baeghbali, V., Ansarifar, E., Hedayati, S. and Jafari, S.M., (2022). Optimization of spray drying process parameters for the food bioactive ingredients. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp.1-41. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/10408398.2022.2156976)
- Baeghbali, V., Hedayati, S. and Jafari, S.M., (2023). Storage vats, vessels, and tanks. In Transporting Operations of Food Materials Within Food Factories (pp. 15-30). Woodhead Publishing. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-818585-8.00012-X)
- Lorenz, T., Iskandar, M.M., Baeghbali, V., Ngadi, M.O. and Kubow, S., (2022). 3D Food Printing Applications Related to Dysphagia: A Narrative Review. Foods, 11(12), p.1789. (doi: https://doi.org/10.3390/foods11121789)
- Hemmati, F., Abbasi, A., Bedeltavana, A., Akbari, M., Baeghbali, V. and Mazloomi, S.M., (2022). Development of fortified probiotic dairy desserts with added date extract, whey protein, inulin, folic acid, vitamin D and calcium. Journal of Food Science and Technology, pp.1-11. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-022-05356-w)
- Hedayati, S., Baeghbali, V. and Jafari, S.M., (2022). Application of Releasing Active Packaging in Cereals and Cereal Based Products. In Releasing Systems in Active Food Packaging (pp. 403-425). Springer, Cham. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-90299-5_14)
- Baeghbali, V., Ngadi, M. and Niakousari, M., (2020). Effects of ultrasound and infrared assisted conductive hydro-drying, freeze-drying and oven drying on physicochemical properties of okra slices. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 63, p.102313. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ifset.2020.102313)
- Baeghbali, V., Niakousari, M., Ngadi, M.O. and Hadi Eskandari, M., (2019). Combined ultrasound and infrared assisted conductive hydro-drying of apple slices. Drying Technology, 37(14), pp.1793-1805. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/07373937.2018.1539745)
- Baeghbali, V. and Niakousari, M., (2018). Ultrasound and infrared assisted conductive hydro-dryer. U.S. Patent Application 15/789,742.
- Baeghbali, V., Niakousari, M. and Farahnaky, A., 2016. Refractance Window drying of pomegranate juice: Quality retention and energy efficiency. LWT-Food science and technology, 66, pp.34-40. (doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2015.10.017)
Overseeing the Food Processing Laboratory at the Medway Food Innovation Centre
Member of International Society of Food Engineering (ISFE)
Recognised reviewer of Journal of Food Engineering (over 40 reviews), Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, Applied Food Research
2018: Distinguished Student of Shiraz University School of Agriculture
2017: Iran Ministry of Science, Research and Technology scholarship for visiting research scholar
2017: Iran National Elite Foundation award for level 3 inventions
2016: Iran National Science Foundation award for US Patent application.
2016: Iran International Grand Prize final stage attendance award.
2015: Iran National Science Foundation award for Optimization of continuous Refractance Window dryer for drying of heat sensitive food stuff and herbs.