- Adebayo, K L Abayomi, A Abass, NT Dziedzoave, L Forsythe, RJ Hillocks, R Gensi, RW Gibson, AJ Graffham, P Ilona, UK Kleih, RI Lamboll, G Mahende, AM Martin, GE Onumah, AW Orr, H Posthumus, LO Sanni, V Sandifolo, A Westby (2010) Sustainable Inclusion of Smallholders in the Emerging High Quality Cassava Flour Value Chains in Africa: Challenges for Agricultural Extension Services. Journal of Agriculture Extension. Vol. 14. No. 1.
- Butterworth, R., Abdulsalam-Saghir, P. and A.M. Martin. Gender and Diversity Situational Analysis, Nigeria. C:AVA Project.
- Forsythe, L., R. Shayo and A.M.Martin (2010) Gender and Diversity Audit, Tanzania. C:AVA and GLCI Projects.
- Forsythe, L., A.M. Martin and T. Stathers (2010) Gender and Diversity summary recommendations for the Great Lakes Cassava Initiative.
- Forsythe, L., A.M. Martin and T. Stathers (2010) Gender and Diversity summary report for the Great Lakes Cassava Initiative.
- Forsythe, L., M. N.Manda , A.M. Mwangwela and B. Bennett (forthcoming) Beliefs, taboos and minor crops: the case of Bambara Groundnut in Malawi.
- Forsythe, L., P.Abdulsalam-Saghir and A.M. Martin (2009) Gender and Diversity Audit Nigeria. C:AVA.
- Forsythe, L., Q. Q. Quartey and A.M. Martin (2009) Gender and Diversity Audit Ghana. C:AVA.
- Forsythe, L., V. Kaitano and A.M. Martin (2010) Gender and Diversity Audit Malawi. C:AVA.
- Kaitano, V. and A.M. Martin (2009) Gender and Diversity Situational Analysis, Malawi. C:AVA Project.
- Kopiyo, G. and L. Forsythe (2010) Great Lakes Cassava Initiative Gender and Diversity Audit Kenya.
- Mukasa, B. Forsythe, L. and A.M. Martin (2010) Gender and Diversity Audit Report for Great Lakes Cassava Initiative and Cassava: Adding Value for Africa. Uganda.
- Mukasa, B., Kabonesa, C. and A.M. Marti. Gender and Diversity Situational Analysis, Uganda.
- Nelson, V., Tallontire, A., Opondo, M. and Martin, A. (2014) Pathways of Transformation or Transgression? Power Relations, Ethical Space and Labour Rights in Kenyan Cut Flower Value Chains, in Goodman, M., Sage, C., (Eds.), Food transgressions: Making sense of contemporary food politics. Aldershot, Ashgate.
- Quartey, Q. and A.M. Martin (2008) Gender and Diversity Situational Analysis, Ghana. C:AVA Project
- Shayo, R. and A.M. Martin (2009) Gender and Diversity Situational Analysis, Tanzania, C:AVA Project.
- Tallontire, A, Nelson, V. and Opondo, M. (2013) 'Contingent spaces for smallholder participation in GlobalGAP: insights from Kenyan horticulture value chains' The Geographical Journal, 24 OCT 2013, DOI: 10.1111/geoj.12047
- Nelson, Valerie and Tallontire, Anne (2014) Battlefields of ideas: changing narratives and power dynamics in private standards in global agricultural value chains. Agriculture and Human Values, 31 (3). pp. 481-497. ISSN 0889-048X (Print), 1572-8366 (Online) (doi:10.1007/s10460-014-9512-8)
- Stathers, T. and Gathuthi, C. with advisory and statistical inputs from Nelson, V., Martin, A., Posthumus, H., Kleih, U. and field assistance from Kamau, E., Gichohi, A., Kokonya, M., Umidha, N., Irimu, V. and Muhoro, A. (2013) 'Final Report: Poverty impact of social and environmental voluntary standard systems in Kenyan tea'
- Lalitha, N., Nelson, V., Martin, A., Posthumus, H. (2013) 'Final Report: Assessing the poverty impact of sustainability standards: Indian tea'
- Nelson, V., Opoku, K., Martin, A., Bugri, J. and Posthumus, H. (2013) 'Final Report: Assessing the poverty impact of sustainability standards: Fairtrade in Ghanaian cocoa'
- Cepeda, D., Pound, B., Nelson, V., Kajman, G., Cabascango, D., Martin, A., Chile, M., Posthumus, H., Caza, G., Mejia, I., Montenegro, F., Ruup, L., Velastegui, G.A., Tiaguaro, Y., Valverde, M. and Ojeda, A. (2013) 'Final Report: Assessing the poverty impact of sustainability standards in Ecuadorian cocoa'
- Nelson, V. and Martin, A. (2013) 'Final Technical Report: Assessing the poverty impact of sustainability standards'
- Nelson, V. and Martin, A. (2012), 'The impact of Fairtrade: Evidence, Shaping Factors and Future Pathways'. Food Chain, Volume 2 Number 1, pp 42-63
- Nelson, V. and Tallontire, A. (2012) Narrative framings and power dynamics in private standards and global agri-food chains'. Paper presented at the international workshop, "Governing Sustainable Agriculture through Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives: Participation, knowledge and networks in action"Montpellier 12-14 December 2012. CIRAD, France
- Tallontire, A. and Nelson, V. (2013) 'Fair trade narratives and political dynamics'. Social Enterprise Journal. Vol. 9, Issue 1 (pp28-52).
Gender and Drylands
- Gender and Drylands Development: Empowering Women for Change
- Synthesis paper
- Thematic Paper 1: Strengthening Dryland Women's Land Rights
- Thematic Paper 2: Gender and Drylands Governance
- Thematic Paper 3: Achieving Dryland Women's Empowerment
- Forsythe, L. and K. Wellard (2014) Final Evaluation for Women's Right to Land Project for ActionAid.
- L. Forsythe, J. Morton, V. Nelson, J. Quan, A. Martin, and M. Hartog (2015) Strengthening dryland women’s land rights: local contexts, global change. 72pp. Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich, Chatham, UK.
Capacity strengthening and agricultural research
- Forsythe, L., Mangheni, M. and Martin, A. (2010) 'Attracting women into agricultural education: Constraints andbest practice'. SCARDA Briefing Papers.
- Mangheni, M., Ekirikubinza-Tibatemwa,L. and L. Forsythe (2010) Gender issues in agricultural education within African universities. Gender Background Paperfor the Ministerial Conference on HigherEducation in Agriculture in Africa.
- Nelson, V., Martin, A.M. and Dramé Yayé, A.D. (2008) 'Gender and diversity in sustainable agricultural research and innovation: Issues, challenges and the way forward'. SCARDA Briefing Papers, 3: 33–45.
- L. Forsythe, J. Morton, V. Nelson, J. Quan, A. Martin, and M. Hartog (2015)Gender and drylands governance: empowering women for change. 76pp. Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich, Chatham, UK
- Martin, A. and Albright, K. (2003) 'Integrated pest management: Gender sensitive and participatory approaches to IPM' in M. Jacobs and B. Dinham (eds.), Silent Invaders: Pesticides, Livelihoods and Women's Health. London: Zed Books. 280–291.
- Martin, A., Verhagen, J. and Abatania, L. (2008) 'Urban agriculture and social inclusion'. Urban Agriculture Magazine, 20: 17–19.
- White, J. and Morton, J. (2005) 'Mitigating impacts of HIV/AIDS on rural livelihoods: NGO experiences in sub-Saharan Africa'. Development in Practice, 15(2): 186–199.
- Forsythe, L. and R. Willoughby (2011) Farming for Impact: A case study of Smallholder agriculture in Rwanda. Concern Worldwide.
Gender and climate change
- V. Nelson, K. Meadows, T. Cannon, J. Morton and A. Martin 'Uncertain predictions, invisible impacts, and the need to mainstream gender in climate change adaptations' Gender and Development, Vol 10, No. 2. Pp51-59.
- Working Paper No.2 (2011) Gender and 'Modern' Biofuels: A Guidance Paper for Policy-Makers, by Valerie Nelson and Yianna Lambrou
- Working Paper No. 3 (2011) Scoping the Gender Issues in Liquid Biofuel Value Chains, by Valerie Nelson and Yianna Lambrou.
- Nelson, V. and Stathers, T. (2009) 'Resilience, power, culture, and climate: A case study from semi-arid Tanzania, and new research directions'. Gender and Development, 17(2): 81–94.
- V. Nelson, J. Morton, L. Forsythe, A. Martin and M. Hartog (2015) Achieving dryland women’s empowerment: environmental resilience and social transformation imperatives. 66pp. Natural Resources Institute, University of Greenwich, Chatham, UK.
Gender and biofuels
- Climate Change, Gender and Smallholder Agriculture by Valerie Nelson. Report commissioned by CIAT-Africa and the Pan African Bean Research Networks. CIAT Working Paper (2011)
- Valerie Nelson, Gender, Generations, Climate Change and Social Protection: Thematic Review and Annotated Bibliography. ODI Working Paper(2011)
- Koos Neefjes, Valerie Nelson and others. Responding to Climate Change in Viet Nam: Opportunities for Improving Gender Equality: A Policy Discussion Paper by, Oxfam/UNDP-Viet Nam Report (2009)
Gender, social difference and postharvest losses
- Abdulsalam-Saghir, P., Bennett, B., Quaye, W., Tu, Viet Phu, Sanni, L., Martin, A.M., Osuntade, O., Adeuyi, O., Nguyen, Thi Thao and To, Kim Anh (2011). Report on the development and validation of approaches to support household decision-making (yams and cassava). GRATITUDE project (Gains from Losses of Root and Tuber Crops).